The mission of the Regional Development Center “STABILITY” is promotion of democratic principles and development of civil society by means of active involvement of the population of the region in social life.
Regional Development Center “STABILITY” began its activity in UTA Gagauzya in 2006. The main directions in the Centre’s activity:
Strengthening of civil society
Present situation in UTA Gagauzya can be characterized by weakly developed constructive collaboration among local authorities, entrepreneurs and NGOs, as well as among NGOs themselves. Furthermore, there is a lack of opportunities for youth active participation in social life of the region. Another important characteristic is conflict situation in the constructive work between communities from different sides of Republic of Moldova involving UTA Gagauzya, Transnistria and district of Taraclia.
All the aforementioned facts served as a basis for creation of the Regional Development Center “STABILITY” that sets as the main goal improvement of the current situation in the region.
The activity of the Regional Development Center “STABILITY” sets the main goals:
Promotion democratic development of the society
Involvement of citizens into political life, in particular in decision-making process;
Involvement of citizens in social life
Protection of the democratic principles and human rights;
Adhering position neutrality in relation to different (political) sides;
Creation of partnership network within civil society at the community level for assessment of local resources, common goals and possibilities of their efficient achievement
Development of innovative ways to solve/minimize social problems;
Supporting the transparency in lawmaking and executing processes;
Raising public awareness about important problems of the society;
Motivation of citizens for active participation in political processes, in particular decision making;
Development and support of tolerant attitude among interethnic and intercultural groups;
Prevention and combating corruption;
Promotion and maintenance of gender balance
Team’s Experience and Professional skills:
1. Strategic planning
3. Project development
4. Human resources management, volunteers recruitment and coordination
5. Leadership skills development
6. Development of Partnership Network of the nongovernmental organizations
7. PR and visibility activities
8. Social services delivery
Implemented activities by the team:
2002 - the first regional Forum of NGOs with participation of 60 NGOs;
· 2003 - the second Forum of NGOs, participants from 90 NGOs.
· 2004 - 2006 - ongoing trainings and seminars in the framework of "Community Development” and "Associative sector Development" projects. As a result – more than 80 NGOs from South of Moldova were trained.
· 2004 -15 seminars and 4 round tables for establishment of partnership relations at local, state and international levels were organized for participants from 68 NGOs.
· 2005 – Small business development trainings and seminars for entrepreneurs of 8 villages from the region were held in collaboration with “TAR – AGRO” and “OG – AGRO” agricultural associations within the framework of “Initiative of Social responsibility” program, PFIP financed by USAID.
· 2005 the third regional Forum of NGOs in cooperation with Ispolkom of UTA Gagauzya and Department of Justice.
· 2005 more than 100 women identified as victims of trafficking from 18 localities in partnership with the International Organization for Migration, Mission to Moldova.
“Inventing the future: Reciprocal Maieutic Approach in conflict transformation” financially supported by European Commission. “Inventing the future” represents an XL project, which means 7 partner countries from different regions are involved, such as 4 European countries (Italy, France, Spain, Bulgaria), 1 Eastern Europe country (Moldova) and 2 Media countries (Palestine and Israel). All partners work with youth belonging to conflict communities in order to develop tolerant relations and mutual understanding among this youth, as well as to develop leadership skills.
“Strengthening civil society”, financed by TACIS-Transtec. Five regional centers are involved in project implementation. The project directs activity on social delivery service supporting. The staff of the center was educated during 3 months as international trainers by Belgium and Netherlands specialists.
“Women Can Do It”, financed by Norwegian People Aid and directs on improving women leadership in the region. Consists from 3 stages: trainings, exchanging experience and international conference.
We had and have positive cooperation with:
International organizations: TRANSTEC expert – Wojchiech Marchlewski, TACIS-Moldova “Strengthening civil society” – Ludmila Mincheva, “Danilo Dolci” – Vito la Fata, NPA Regional Office South Eastern Europe – Ivana Kahrmann – deputy program manager Media and Democratization – Ana Popovicki, International Organization for Migrations – Irina Todorova, Peace Corp - Silvia Bicenco, OSCE - Eleonora Grosu, Norwegian People Aid adviser – Asgred Vetlejord, , Peace Building Framework Project (DFID) – Margareta Mamaliga, SOROS-Moldova Foundation Doina Rosca, International AIDS Foundation East West – Olga Osadcii – project manager, “Glasul tinerilor”, World Bank – branch in Republic of Moldova.
Moldavian organizations: Association "Cridinta", International Society for Human Rights Moldavian Section, Dumitru Chirtoaca - Coalition for Democratic and correct election, State Trade Chamber – Petr Pasali.
Mass Media: THE Guardian - David Hearst, Associated producers - Felix Golubev Canada Toronto, Financial Times, Tribune, the International Red Cross - Elena Nyanencova from Belorussia, Alexandr Panamarev – Hit Fm, Serghei Sudev – Shanson Radio, GRT – Valentina Coroliac, Alexandr Volcov – Vesti Gagauzii, Radio Free Europe – Ilona Spataru – radio Liberty.
The staff of employees in Center “STABILITY” consists from four full time workers:
1) Executive director - Vitali Burlaca
2) Project Coordinator "Women can do it" – Allamuradova Tatiana
3) Project Assistant “Regional economic development” - Vitali Peev
4) Bookkeeper – Ana Petrova
5) Volunteer – Alla Morari
6) Volunteer – Botoshan Natalia
7) Volunteer – Cherman Eugenii
8) Volunteer – Coltuc Olesea
9) Volunteer – Avtutov Sergei
10) Volunteer – Constantinova Galina
The Center “Stability” is headed by a board which selects the Executive Director, takes decisions on strategic planning and sustainable development of the Center.
The board includes:
1) Volcov Victor – Chairman of the board, Chairman of the municipal board in Comrat
2) Stoianov Nicolai – deputy President (Bashkan) UTA Gagauzia
3) Todorova Valentina Director FinComBank-UTA Gagauzia
4) Postu Vitali – Director “Pro-communitate”
5) kirilovsky Alexandr – Tax inspector.